Leaders from ODU, Eastern Shore Community College and NASA Wallops Discuss Ways to Increase Workforce Development CollaborationAugust 8, 2022
VIPC and VISA Conduct Demonstration on the Effectiveness of Unmanned Systems for Port Security and Emergency ResponseNovember 3, 2022
We are hiring a Sr. Director of Space Research and Science who will be located on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
Job duties include:
- Conduct individual research, and/or lead research teams, on space and/or air-based satellites/platforms, sensors, and data collection/analysis.
- Identify and pursue, including preparation & submission of proposals, sponsored research opportunities across the federal government (DoD, NASA, NOAA), industry and other academic partners/collaborators.
- Prepare sponsor status reports/demonstrations as needed.
- Prepare internal progress reports as needed.
- Prepare and submit research papers and attend pertinent technical conferences.
- Support leadership in stakeholder and other events/activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This person must also have a PhD in engineering or atmospheric, oceanic or space sciences or related field and 10 years engineering or atmospheric, oceanic or space sciences or relevant academic, government, or industry experience.
If interested in applying or for more information, please click HERE.